Pierre Alain named new head coach of Carleton Ravens women’s hockey program
Ottawa- Carleton University’s Department of Recreation and Athletics would like to announce that Pierre Alain has been appointed as the new head coach of the Ravens women’s hockey team and program.
“I am very pleased that Pierre has accepted our head coach position with the women’s hockey team, his energy and enthusiasm is infectious,” stated Jennifer Brenning Director, Recreation & Athletics.
“Pierre’s exceptional hockey background and his many connections in both Quebec and Ontario are tremendous assets in building our women’s ice hockey program. I look forward to seeing where he takes this program in the years ahead.”
Alain has accumulated an impressive list of accomplishments during his coaching career.
In 2013-2014, Alain served as the interim head coach of the Ryerson Rams women’s hockey team in the OUA.
His coaching highlights include:
- 2013 gold medal, head coach of Canada’s U-22 women’s team at the Meco Cup
- 2012 gold medal, head coach of Canada’s U-18 National women’s team
- 2010 gold medal, assistant coach with Canada’s U-18 National women’s team
- 2009 silver medal, assistant coach with the U-22 National women’s team
- 2008 gold medal, video coach for Canada’s U-22 National women’s team
- 2007 bronze medal, Quebec U-18 women’s team at the Canada Games
- 2005- Present Hockey Canada Member, Women’s High Performance Coaching Pool
- 2005-2010,2012 Invited Coach for Camp with National Women Team
- 1999- August 2012 Head Coach, Les Cheminots du Cégep de Saint-Jérôme (Quebec College League)
- Won Gold medal-2002-2003,2003-2004,2004-2005,2005-2006, 2007-2008) (Won silver Medal-2006-2007-2012) (Won Bronze-2010)
His educational background consists of a degree in Physical Education from UQAM.
Alain holds an NCCP Level 4 certificate and Performance Level II in hockey. He is also a Course Conductor in Hockey Theory 1, Hockey Technical 1 & 2.
“I thank Jennifer Brenning for giving me the opportunity to live my passion full time,” said Alain.
“I am thrilled to join Carleton University. Carleton is an institution with a long list of winning teams. We (Carleton) will build a strong women’s hockey team to join this list. We will create an environment to allow our students-athletes to give the best of themselves on the ice, in the classroom and in the community.
I’m looking forward to the great challenge that awaits me. I could not have chosen a better environment than Carleton.”
Pierre will officially commence his new position at Carleton on June 1, 2014.